Welcome to State of the Book Club 2022!
I started One Man Book Club in 2017 as a blog to share my book reviews. I wanted to help discerning readers and parents of book-loving kids find books they’ll love without being surprised by the content inside. This remains the reason I do what I do, and I love Love LOVE when I get notes telling me how grateful someone is for the resource we provide!
Each year around my birthday I’ll give a review of how things went at One Man Book Club the previous year. One Man Book Club might be my hobby, but it’s OUR Book Club, so I want you to feel ownership and interest in seeing our Club grow it’s influence. So here’s me opening up the books and showing you the secret stuff! Enjoy!
http://www.OneManBookClub.com is HQ for all things book club. Tracking views is a great way to measure if our reach is growing. Spoiler alert: it is!
For all the lameness of 2020, it was a very good year for our Book Club. I wasn’t sure what to expect from 2021, so set a goal to hit 15,000 views for the year. We fell quite a bit short of that–but we still beat 2020, so I’m calling it a win!
Check this out:
Light Blue = Page Views Dark Blue = Unique Visitors
2019: 4,220 views/1,356 visitors
2020: 9,807 views/2,310 visitors
2021: 10,889 views/3,632 visitors
So yay! 2021 had more views and visitors! I can also tell you that through Q1 2022: 4,250 views/ 2,020 visitors–which puts us on pace to hit around 12,000 views this year!
So that’s my goal for 2022: hit 12,000 views! Here’s what we need to do to make this happen:
- We need you, my fellow book lovers, to share One Man Book Club with your friends!
- We need to grow the number of book reviews in our collection. I can’t read everything (not matter how much I want to!), so I need your help! Use this simple form to write a book review of the books you read and I’ll post it to http://www.OneManBookClub.com. We’ve got a pretty good collection going already. Check them out here and add yours to the archives!
- Participate across our social media platforms! Active commenting and sharing of content by YOU is how Social Media algorithms decide what is worthy of receiving the greatest reach. So the more you post, share, and interact, the more people will see One Man Book Club!
Speaking of Social Media, want to see how we are doing? Here’s our current stats:
- Facebook (One Man Book Club & Let’s Talk Books!)
- One Man Book Club Facebook Page
- Followers: 471 (11% vs Last Year!)
- Reach: 2,863 (Last 28 days. +234% v Last Year!)
- Engagement: 741 (Last 28 days. +88% v Last Year!)
- Let’s Talk Books! by One Man Book Club Facebook Group
- Followers: 340 (+32% vs Last Year!)
- One Man Book Club Facebook Page
- Instagram (@OneManBookClub)
- Followers: 380 (13% vs Last Year!)
- Reach: 963 (Last 28 days. +89% v Last Year!)
- Twitter (@oneman_bookclub)
- Followers: 114 (+4% vs Last Year!)
- Followers: 301 (+14% vs Last Year!)
- Monthly Views: 910 (+5% vs Last Year!)
- YouTube (One Man Book Club)
- Subscribers: 867 ( +106% vs Last Year!)
- Views: 4,040 (Last 28 days. +48% v Last Year!)
- Goodreads (One Man Book Club)
- Followers: 180 (+5% vs Last Year!)
Botton line: One Man Book Club is growing, and there is still tons of potential for growth!
Amazon Associate Program
You might also be interested to know…
One Man Book Club did NOT pay for itself in 2021 like it did in 2020! Boo!
It costs me $114 per year to keep the lights on at One Man Book Club…
…but we only earned $84.67 (-31% vs Last Year ) as an Amazon Affiliate when you used my links to buy stuff from Amazon! So boo!
And just FYI, this is how much One Man Book Club has earned so far in 2022–We’re behind! So if you want to help me keep the lights on around here, please use my Amazon Affiliate links when you buy anything from Amazon!
There you go! That’s the State of the Book Club, 2022! I’m thrilled with the growth we saw in 2021, and I can’t wait to see what happens in 2022!
Dan @ One Man Book Club